Monday, December 3, 2012

Tutorial: Advent Calendar




The Christmas season is upon us! What better way to bring in the holiday and remember the reason for the season than with an Advent Calendar?

I made my very own Advent Calendar with fabric from Ann Kelle's 'Jingle' line of Christmas fabric. I love it!  If you would like to see it and the tutorial, go here.

As an added bonus, you can also find my tutorial on the 'Handmade Holidays' list over on Sew, Mama, Sew! Blog!! Wow, what an honor! I have spent countless Christmases searching through those lists to find the perfect gifts to make for family and friends. Such great tutorials and ideas!






This is the first year that we have done an Advent Calendar. I am real excited to share in this special time with my kids. Bobby already asks every morning if we can open the next bag to see what's inside.

Here is my list of our activites:

Decorate Christmas tree
Decorate Grandma's tree
Read the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible
Set up the Little People Nativity
Christmas craft
Snowman pancakes for dinner
Birthday party for Jesus at church
Movie and hot chocolate night: Frosty the Snowman
Paint some ornaments on our rocks in our yard (our front yard is all rocks)
Bake and decorate sugar cookies
Take cookies to our sweet neighbors
Write a letter to Santa
Pizza night
Movie and hot chocolate night: Elf
Chick-fil-A with Santa
Make a gingerbread nativity
Pick out toys to give away and say a special prayer for the kids who will get their toys
Christmas craft
Open a new ornament and put it on the tree
Read Christmas books before bed in our Christmas jammies
Travel to Sugar Land/visit with friends
Christmas craft/visit with more friends
Look at Christmas lights
Bake cookies for Santa/Sprinkle reindeer food


I can't wait to make some memories with my family! What traditions do you have with yours?




1 comment:

  1. Omg! Reading this has made me wish I still had little ones. My youngest is 13 and my other two in there twenties. But Christmas is our all time favorite holiday. We have some of the same traditions as on your list. We make cookies and recently started making Christmas candy. Made my daughter and I matching Christmas aprons. We also do Christmas movie night and go out for hot chocolate and a drive to look at lights. One tradition that I still do is I make everyone Christmas pjs that they get Christmas Eve. My husband even looks forward to this! Thank you for a trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...